Followers

Friday 1 November 2013

Task 5a - My thoughts on the codes of practice or regulations which guide my setting!

Sitting down and thinking about the codes of conduct or regulations which affect my current place of work, there are various things which spring to mind.

As a member of the British Ballet Organisation, I know that there is the teachers' code of conduct which details the ways a teacher is expected to behave ethically and morally within the community and in the best interest of the their students. I know of the rules pertaining to data protection and the safeguarding of students. There is also the requirement to hold an enhanced CRB clearance or DBS as it is now.

There are also the health and safety regulations which are relevant to my dance studio and also to the school environment that the studio is in. There are obviously a  set of school rules and regulations applicable to the students and also the expected behaviour and professionalism of myself as a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Staring at a Blank page

 My plan for this week was to work hard on my research proposal and the MORE form. I have a week off from teaching so knew that I had the ti...