Followers

Monday 18 November 2013

Task 5b

In the previous task, I have talked about the professional codes of conduct and the various legislations that are in place that affect my job as a teacher. Working in a private school made me wonder if the school had any policies in place that would be different to those you expect to find in a state school. I have enquired at the school about any codes of conduct or ethics that the school set out for teaching staff when they start working there. There were a few minor differences, mostly based on the fact that it is a boarding school, so the expectation of pastoral care is slightly different to the normal school situation. As part of the peripatetic team of staff, it could be quite easy to ignore this sort of ethical responsibility, but I think that dance is an emotive subject and often the students will find it easier to tell me about their issues or problems than maybe another member of staff.
There are  differing regulations regarding health and safety due to the  amount of freedom that the children are given about the school grounds outside of normal school hours. There are also rules and regulations relating to behaviour,for the older children who are allowed offsite in the evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Staring at a Blank page

 My plan for this week was to work hard on my research proposal and the MORE form. I have a week off from teaching so knew that I had the ti...