Followers

Monday 11 November 2013

Change of Direction!

Following my original Blog regarding the questions for my inquiry, I have formed a Facebook group with several other dance teachers in my area, inviting them to comment and help with my inquiry. However, I have had such little response that I have decided to change tack completely. My new line of inquiry has  partly been inspired by a conversation over the weekend with the parent of a boy who was due to take a dance exam in three weeks and has now withdrawn. I am certain that if his exam was in tap or modern I would not have had this conversation, but of course, it was in ballet and being a 13 year old boy I think he may have fallen victim to peer pressure. So, my new line of inquiry is related to gender and dance and specifically how to encourage male participation in dance.

Anyone else following this line? Any comments would be gratefully received!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds really interesting. I look forward to reading more about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie, think I may be reverting back to my original topic though following the Skype call with Adesola. She has helped my understand how using literature that I find that may not be directly relating to my specific question can also work as I can cross over different topics within the literature and show how they relate to my topic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kym,

    I hope you're well!

    I had the same problem as you a few days ago as nobody I'd sent the questions to had given me feedback! I wasn't very happy myself with the questions and if I don't feel comfortable asking them then how is anyone going to feel comfortable in answering them?!
    I'm feeling a lot more happy now I've refined them and also since I've finally received some feedback! I feel it's opened up even more questions and also through the research of literature has widened the area of topics, exactly like you mentioned above!

    I hope you receive some feedback soon :)

    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Staring at a Blank page

 My plan for this week was to work hard on my research proposal and the MORE form. I have a week off from teaching so knew that I had the ti...