Followers

Thursday 4 April 2013

Keeping a journal!

Although I have been keeping my journal for a few weeks now, I have not had time to work on my Blog until now. 
My initial reaction to keeping a journal was not the best! I have never kept a diary of any sort, even as a child it was not something that ever appealed to me! The first few entries of my  journal were definitely descriptive and had initial reflection. This seemed the most natural method of recording events and feelings to me. However, this can be time consuming and I did naturally revert to Lists when I had little time. The lists would be very brief and some entries only one word, but I was able to refer back to a day and evaluate the events and my feelings usually quite clearly from the list. 
I have looked at other Blogs to see if other people in similar  professions have identified the same methods as me. It would seem that initially they start with description and evaluation, but then when they try other methods they are all finding different methods useful. I shall be interested to see how  my thoughts develop as I try the other methods of writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Staring at a Blank page

 My plan for this week was to work hard on my research proposal and the MORE form. I have a week off from teaching so knew that I had the ti...