Followers

Tuesday 5 March 2013

A blogging conversation??

Just had a very useful group Skype call with Adesola, Sophie, Ahmet and myself! Very insightful  and useful. It is nice to have a vocal conversation rather than digital communication. I said that I find it hard sometimes to decide how people intend their writing to sound...in other words you cannot determine the intonation in writing but when you hear someone speak the intonation is usually clear and although you have more time to think about what you are writing that can maybe seem contrived as it is not an instant reaction to a previous speaker! All in all a very useful call and we are planning to have them on the first Tuesday of every month for anyone who is around!! Organised brilliantly by Adesola....don't worry if you cannot make the start of the call, I joined half way through as I was teaching! Hopefull speak to more of you next  month!

6 comments:

  1. Great idea Kim, I'd love to get involved I think it would really help me to have the support of my piers in a more personal way. I'm struggling at the moment to get into the habit of checking my blog, let alone other people's it would be nice to have some set times for discussion. How's the journal going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing up a bit about the meeting Kym. I wrote a bit on my blog too. I think it went well.I am glad it was helpful. I'm thinking we should all have a special cup of tea (or coffee) next time and tell each other what we are drinking!!
    Adesola

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to join in on a group discussion if possible too...currently struggling to really get into it all and working out my new routine of blogging around working! I have just sat down to get to grips with the second reader but unfortunately it is down at the minute, hope to get back on top of things soon. Hopefully discussions will bring things to life a little!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to get involved Kym as I fell a bit out on my own doing this at times and panic I'm on the right track would be so nice to talk to some others in the same position

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kym,

    Yes it was really good i enjoyed it. To lauren and hannah and katie its so benifical i felt a little bit on my own and i was panicing too, but i felt sooo reassured once i had spoke to the others. Maybe speak on our next group skype session....i believe 2nd April! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. April 2nd is our next MDX ‘First Tuesday Coffee House meeting’. We will meet on SKYPE at 7:30pm London time. Don’t forget the clocks change this weekend as British ‘summer’ time begins!!!!

    If you want to join in the ‘First Tuesday Coffee House meeting’ please SKYPE me to make a connection before Tuesday if possible or send me an email with your SKYPE address so I can reach out to you. Let other people know about it too.
    Adesola

    ReplyDelete

Staring at a Blank page

 My plan for this week was to work hard on my research proposal and the MORE form. I have a week off from teaching so knew that I had the ti...