Followers

Monday 28 September 2020

Opening a can of worms through discussion

 Following last  nights Skype discussion, I have taken my time to think back on different parts of the conversation and also look at the notes that I made at the time.

It suddenly occurred to me that my instant response to the words knowledge, learning and information were that you gained knowledge by learning from the information that you have been provided. All well and good, but how accurate is that information and do you use all the information or parts of it that you see will benefit you most? Ultimately, you have to make a decision as to how much of the information you use to improve your personal development and whether to investigate it further. There is not point in swallowing all the information that surrounds you and drowning. You don't always make the correct choice and you may take something and try to use it to improve your skill and it just doesn't work, however, you have gained the knowledge that learning  that particular piece of information was not right for you!

I feel that I am  rambling now but I think I have made myself clear! 

The other topic about filming was something I found interesting as I use the tool all the time. I film the students in class, maybe doing a particular exercise and let them watch back and self critique. It works really well. The fact that you can use tools like this now I find invaluable particularly in the current climate where I can no longer physically approach a student to assist them find their placement. Also Slo-Mo is an excellent tool. As far as ethics go, I immediately delete any film I have taken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Staring at a Blank page

 My plan for this week was to work hard on my research proposal and the MORE form. I have a week off from teaching so knew that I had the ti...