Followers

Tuesday 29 September 2020

Meaningfulness!

 Following my Blog yesterday about the discussion on Sunday,  I have enjoyed reading the paragraph on Meaningfulness and this sentence in particular I find very accurate.

If ‘learners can create any number of meanings, intended or otherwise, out of the same learning experience’ (Winitzkyand Kauchak, 1997), judging what is meaningful to a learner becomes basically a matter of informed guesswork because the teacher does not have access to the brain of the learner.

[Moon, Jennifer A.. A Handbook of Reflective and Experiential Learning)

We don't know how the learner is interpreting the material we as teachers are presenting them with and therefore, on occasions, I find myself offering various ways of imparting the same information to help with different interpretations. Some are successful, others are not! I have found though that the longer period of time that you spend teaching an individual( months or years), you can start to understand how they as individuals will interpret the information provided and you can adapt your delivery to that individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Staring at a Blank page

 My plan for this week was to work hard on my research proposal and the MORE form. I have a week off from teaching so knew that I had the ti...