Followers

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Literature review

I have found an article on a website aimed at new teachers, which I thought was relevant to my inquiry although it is not specifically aimed at dance teachers. http://www.newteacheruniversity.com/resources/teacher-articles/continued/teachers-must-earn-respect/
This article describes how new teachers must expect to earn the respect of their students by being the person that the students wish to become. Whilst I agree that this is one of the thoughts behind my research, I also think that as a teacher, you should also expect a certain level of respect from your students by the very fact that you are a person in authority. A person whom the parents have entrusted their children with. The article states
 
                                            "Today, in a society where good morals are on the decline, while self-                                            centredness is on the incline, we can't afford to educate students                                               like our teachers once did "back in the day"."
 
In my opinion this is talking about declining good morals creating a lack of deference in general to older people and to people in authority. This, to me, is different to the type of respect that needs to be earned by the teacher!
I have used this article as a source for my research, reading sections of it to my participants and recording their comments. I am looking forward to seeing how this progresses once I have all my information recorded.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Staring at a Blank page

 My plan for this week was to work hard on my research proposal and the MORE form. I have a week off from teaching so knew that I had the ti...