Followers

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Adesola's Skype coffee morning!

Well it actually turned out to be a very  good session for me as I was the only participant! I suddenly realised that this was my chance, I could ask the questions that have been bubbling away in the back of my mind without the fear of sounding stupid as no-one else was there! So Adesola, sorry if I sounded stupid but it really helped me to clarify the whirlpool in my head. We discussed my inquiry and how I was struggling to decide how to analyse the data that I was collecting, and Adesola pointed out that I had nothing to "rub it against". We talked this through and we talked about our days at Arts Educational school in London and how the school created its own classroom culture and how I needed to start from those memories.

This has inspired me to change  the title of my inquiry, although ultimately it all boils down to the same point about our expectations of the behaviour of children.

Thank you Adesola! A good Skype coffee morning yet again!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this Kym. I like the whirlpool analogy - often this level of work goes through a stage when there are lots of things going on all at once.

    ReplyDelete

Staring at a Blank page

 My plan for this week was to work hard on my research proposal and the MORE form. I have a week off from teaching so knew that I had the ti...