Followers

Monday 15 March 2021

Literature review!

 This is now the main part of my study. I am searching and reading and asking questions of different professionals who are involved in the current development and delivery of teaching qualifications for dance teachers. There are books on Anatomy relevant to teaching Ballet, but not for other genres. There are many journal articles pertaining to the recent understanding of how to incorporate  fascia release techniques to facilitate safe stretching but how can a teacher who does not have a fairly in depth knowledge of anatomy and kinesiology be expected to incorporate these techniques into their pedagogic practise. 

Although I am reading what I can find, I m struggling to understand what I need to incorporate in my literature review. I’m not sure if I am thinking too much into this? Maybe my mid term session will help my understanding.


1 comment:

  1. Hello Kym, I appreciate your writing. I think the expectations we, as teachers, place upon ourselves is ever growing, but so too the expectations of our students and/or parents. I think there are some things we should do, but other things we shouldn't - and it's a hard line to draw. I've seen many teachers draw different lines, for instance I will not part with my students for an external pre-pointe assessment, but will now ask a student to head to a Physio if they have areas that need strengthening. Normally I would have done this myself. The literature review sounds daunting - good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Staring at a Blank page

 My plan for this week was to work hard on my research proposal and the MORE form. I have a week off from teaching so knew that I had the ti...