Followers

Sunday 17 February 2013

Commentary on Task 1a

So, having posted my profile about 10 days ago, I was expecting to receive an influx of comments about it - good and bad. However this does not appear to have happened. I have seen my name mentioned in another persons Blog as a profile that they found interesting. I have spent even more time this week looking at other posts for Task 1a and there are some that interest me and others that don't. I particularly liked the "About Me" section of Georgina Bird as it gave me a good amount of detail about her training and work to date as well as showing me a bit of her personality however, she had uploaded versions of her two CV's which I found did not retain my interest. Then I found that I liked the CV posting of Emily Hunt. It was succint and to the point and very clearly set out, however, I thought her profile in the "About Me " section  did not contain enough detail, so I had to refer back to her older posts to find her CV.
I found Adesola's Blog - "How you are experienced" very useful as it sort of confirmed my thoughts on this task - I never had any intention of uploading my personal details to be on display ot the world!
Is there a right or wrong way to complete this task or is it all down to interpretation? There is so much variation out there, I chose to only upload to my profile and not to actually put my CV on the Blog...is that correct? It is, however, my interpretation of the task as described in the Manual.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think there is a right or wrong way to complete the tasks, because you have to write A Critical Reflection at the end. Everyone is different and may have a different kind of Professional Practice. I know my background is different from most people on the course, so even though I may look at other profiles to gain ideas I will run with my own interpretation. You look like your well into the course though and got the hang of blogging, I am just starting to get to grips with it. This is my first comment I have added, hopefully it will be the first of many.

    The one thing I would say is you may have to battle me for the oldest mature student, because you look beautifully young!!

    ReplyDelete

Staring at a Blank page

 My plan for this week was to work hard on my research proposal and the MORE form. I have a week off from teaching so knew that I had the ti...