Followers

Monday 10 February 2014

Britains First medal on Snow!

Well here I am starting Module 3. I have been reading other people's Blogs over the last day or two and it appears that I am not alone with all my feelings at this point. As usual, at the beginning of the module it seems like I have a huge mountain to climb to achieve my goal. Just like Jenny Jones must have felt a few weeks ago when she was injured with a severe concussion it must have seemed like she had a huge mountain to climb to get to the Olympics. However she reached the peak yesterday as she took to her snowboard to win a medal for Great Britain at the Winter Olympics.

Now I am not expecting an Olympic medal, but this is my medal, a reward for my professional practice and my highly improved skill of reflective practice.

I am determined to use my inquiry to help me improve my understanding of teachers thoughts on the children that they teach and the changes in the reactions of children to people in authority. Hopefully, my research will help other teachers understanding and improve their teaching practice.

As I said in my Youtube presentation in Module 1 "Its not where you start it's where you finish!" so here's hoping that the next 12 weeks see me progress smoothly up the mountain!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see that you feel a bit nervous about this module like I do! I think with the current teaching situation with Academy schools etc, the teaching profession is very much in the limelight so your inquiry is very current!

    ReplyDelete

Staring at a Blank page

 My plan for this week was to work hard on my research proposal and the MORE form. I have a week off from teaching so knew that I had the ti...